Applications are invited for McCloy Academic Scholarship Program to complete a two-year master’s program for future management at Harvard Kennedy School. German, as well as candidates without German citizenship, are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
In addition to the qualification for public and international organizations, the aim of the program is to promote transatlantic communication and network the McCloy Scholarship holders beyond the two-year joint study program.
The Foundation provides its 14,000 scholarship holders with a wide range of opportunities for scientific deepening, interdisciplinary dialogue and international experience. The sponsors represent the entire breadth and variety of ideological, religious and democratically animated political background and values that they bring into the program offering of the foundation of the Studienstiftung.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a two-year master degree program at Harvard Kennedy School in the USA.
Study Subject: Scholarships are open to students of all disciplines.
- Admission to the Studienstiftung
- Monthly full scholarship of US $ 1,900, – (21 months)
- One-off entry fee of US $ 500, –
- Travel cost of US $ 1,000, –
- Complete transfer of the study fees
- Funded by: Harvard University, McCloy Scholarship Foundation, Founder of the German Science Fund, German Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy as administrator of the ERP fund and the Haniel Foundation.
Number of Scholarships: Up to six scholarships are awarded annually.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Open to students of all disciplines
- Academic excellence in a purposeful graduate degree, substantial (international) work experience, communication skills and interest in practice-oriented questions
- At the date of the application date 1 November, the last university degree (including a doctorate) may not be longer than five years. The date of the final certificate applies
- Master, Diploma or Staatsexamen – at the time of departure with at least “good” (with lawyers “fully satisfactory”) completed, if possible first professional experience. For Bachelor graduates, the Bachelor degree must be at least well completed by the end of the year of the application.
- Prior funding by the Foundation is not necessary
- Candidates without German citizenship can apply if they
- Have obtained their university entrance qualification in Germany or at a German foreign school (“Bildungsinländer”)
- In accordance with the prerequisites set out in §8 BAföG, or have obtained their final degree (Bachelor / Master / Diploma / Staatsexamen) in Germany and are citizens of an EU state or Switzerland.
Nationality: German, as well as candidates without German citizenship, are eligible to apply for this scholarship program. (Candidates without German citizenship can apply if they have obtained their university entrance qualification in Germany or at a German foreign school (“Bildungsinländer”)).