- complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Nationality: Students (on the DAC List of the OECD) from following developing countries can apply:
List of Subjects: Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Rep., Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Belarus; North Africa: Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast (Côte D’Ivoire), Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Kenya, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Zambia, Sâo Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Somalia, St. Helena, Sudan, South Africa, Southern Sudan (new), Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Chad, Uganda and Central African Republic; North and Central America: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Trinidad and Tobago; South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Guyana, Columbia, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela; Near and Middle East: Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian territories and Syria; South and Central Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan; East Asia: China, Indonesia, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, East Timor and Vietnam. OCEANIA: Cooki Oslands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna
College Admission Requirement
- The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously
- At least two years’ relevant professional experience
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post or electronically.
Required documents (in the following order):
- DAAD application form
- Hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
- Research exposé (if required by university)
- Academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- Proof of language abilities
– English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted)
– German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
– Copies of awarded academic degrees
– Copies of academic transcripts
– A copy of School Leaving Certificate
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description on the following pages. All documents must be submitted as identical duplicates.
Applications Deadlines: Depending on chosen study programme; please check deadlines here.